Saturday, March 6, 2010

I RELATE :: PLASTIC

Sometimes I like to look at art not because I'm doing research or networking, but because it brings me great pleasure, an escape, a diversion, stimulation, pleasures for the mind.

Last night at Copy and Vox I had such moments.

(I want to start a band. I think I have a guitarist who's going to help me and we're looking for a drummer. But Might have found an electronic art musician and that will be soo amazing. that might be two bands. the twee and the gritty. love it!)

Oh I relate Oh i have no attention span.

OH hey I LOVE YOU

At Copy inside the gallery there was a gigantic cube structure wrapped in saran wrap. One time at pdf we wrapped the dome in saran wrap. I only have the pdf picture. This structure at Copy was crooked cube shaped and went floor to nearly ceiling and at least one of the layers of the saran wrap had been painted white and some was clear and it was wrapped tightly so you could not see in. At least on first viewing I thought you couldn't see in. There was sound, amplified voices coming from inside it. I thought they were recorded. Not true. Live people were inside this box. There was a drum set :) and two people and maybe a guitar. maybe? anyway then they played sounds some high pitched that move through your body and pierce your ears (you got your ears pierced? ) it was great!

you could look inside through tiny gaps in the plastic. i made david dunn show me. i liked how that framed up the images of the people inside, blurry, incomplete. then i remembered we kind of leaned on the structure when we were on the opposite side and wondered if they had noticed and what it was like to be in there and not see.



above is my dome. we learned you really have to start with the top and work your way down. the structure at copy was way more professional and complete.

the artists were: CG Haiti live with stage production by Humalode LLC:: Friday March 5, 2010 7-11pm. I didn't like the creepy large spinning werewolf jaw. and coincidentally (?) the same jaw shot and same size of someone's braces was up at vox. and then yes and then my future band mate while talking to him and going ew to the teeth at vox turns to me and smiles with a new set of gold teeth. ARGH.

sometimes life is really fun. love you. love art.

listen to this song


in the first gallery at vox, there were some large crazy photos of women painted in colors, one woman in blue was sitting spreadeagle in a natural environment gazing at the camera (viewer?). my friend marta explained that it was probably shot in the same fancy backyards in LA typically used to make porn films. in the center of the same room was a red unusable pool table with a set of all black pool balls set in the triangle and paper mache thick white pool sticks. it was the Dead Flowers show.

couldn't help but think of this by yves klein:


Bar title, my "dead painting garden" is unrelated.

0 Comments: