Friday, December 18, 2009

GET OVER YOURSELF


JUST LIKE IN SURFING YOU HAVE TO OWN THAT WAVE, SO TO IN LIFE YOU HAVE TO OWN YOURSELF. SO I GIVE YOU THE PHOTO THAT I COULDN'T POST. SIT ON THAT YE BLAHGGERS. ART STARS REJOICE! RIDE THE WAVE. WE ALL BELONG! SELF HELP GURUS I WILL LEARN AND EAT THIS MAN'S WORLD. RAWWRRR. (even if i cant spell mental, i love when the art diva speaks)


La Nina Popof
Ingrid Cordero & Oscar Ruiz Schmidt

I tried to go to the Butterfly Farm today but couldn't find the bus to Guacima after walking up and down the same five blocks five times. So I decided to make the journey to the Museo de Arte Contemporaneo which was almost as difficult to find, walking in circles again. Wish I had brought my Lonely Planet. I'm so glad I persevered because I loved what I saw and experienced. I just wish my espanol was mas mas mejor because then I could understand a little more about the show though it was surprising how many words were recognizable like "instalacion" and I already new the word for recycling.

I gathered it was about climate change, possibilities for San Jose and materials for construction, and recycled materials... topical particularly as Costa Rica prides itself on being "green" and timely with the climate change talks in Copenhagen. And it was just last year in Philadelphia that the Philadelphia Sculptors did the Global Warming show at the Ice Box and the Green Exhibition was at Art in City Hall.

There were some super cute cartoon animations with devasting messages.

Hamacas Plasticas
Francesco Bracci


A hammock made of the tops of 6 packs of cans and zip ties. You could really sit in it.

0 Comments: